Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct
All sellers are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products on Campus Mart Afriq. Seller offenses and prohibited content can result in suspension of your Campus Mart Afriq account.
This policy requires that sellers act fairly and honestly on Campus Mart Afriq to ensure a safe buying and selling experience. All sellers must:
· Provide accurate information to Campus Mart Afriq and our customers at all times
· Act fairly and not misuse Campus Mart Afriq’s features or services
· Not attempt to damage or abuse another Seller, their listings or ratings
· Not attempt to influence customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews
· Not send unsolicited or inappropriate communications
· Not contact customers except through Buyer-Seller Messaging
· Not attempt to circumvent the Campus Mart Afriq sales process
· Not operate more than one selling account on Campus Mart Afriq without a legitimate business need
Violating the Code of Conduct or any other Campus Mart Afriq policies may result in actions against your account, such as cancellation of listings, suspension or forfeiture of payments, and removal of selling privileges. More details about these policies are below.
You must provide accurate information to Campus Mart Afriq and our customers, and update the information if it changes. For example, this means that you must use a business name that accurately identifies your business and list your products in the correct category.
You must act fairly and lawfully and may not misuse any service provided by Campus Mart Afriq. Examples of unfair activities include:
· Providing misleading or inappropriate information to Campus Mart Afriq or our customers, such as by creating multiple detail pages for the same product or posting offensive product images
· Manipulating sales rank (such as by accepting fake orders or orders that you have paid for) or making claims about sales rank in product titles or descriptions
· Attempting to increase the price of a product after an order is confirmed
· Artificially inflating web traffic (using bots or paying for clicks, for example)
· Attempting to damage another Seller, their listings or ratings
· Allowing other people to act on your behalf in a way that violates Campus Mart Afriq’s policies or your agreement with Campus Mart Afriq
Ratings, Feedback, and Reviews
You may not attempt to influence or inflate customers’ ratings, feedback, and reviews. You may request feedback and reviews from your own customers in a neutral manner, but may not:
· Pay for or offer an incentive (such as coupons or free products) in exchange for providing or removing feedback or reviews
· Ask customers to write only positive reviews or ask them to remove or change a review
· Solicit reviews only from customers who had a positive experience
· Review your own products or a competitors’ products
You may not send unsolicited or inappropriate messages. All communications to customers must be sent through Buyer-Seller Messaging and be necessary for fulfilling the order or providing customer services. Marketing communications are prohibited.
If you receive customer information such as addresses or phone numbers to fulfill orders, you may use that information only to fulfill orders. You may not use customer information to contact customers (except through Buyer-Seller Messaging) or share it with any third-party.
Circumventing the Sales Process
You may not attempt to circumvent the Campus Mart Afriq sales process or divert Campus Mart Afriq customers to another website. This means that you may not provide links or messages that prompt users to visit any external website or complete a transaction elsewhere.
Multiple Selling Accounts on Campus Mart Afriq
You may only maintain one Seller Central account for each region in which you sell unless you have a legitimate business need to open a second account and all of your accounts are in good standing. If any of your accounts are not in good standing, we may deactivate all of your selling accounts until all accounts are in good standing.
Examples of a legitimate business justification include:
· You own multiple brands and maintain separate businesses for each
· You manufacture products for two distinct and separate companies
· You are recruited for an Campus Mart Afriq program that requires separate accounts
Filing Infringement Notices as an Agent or Brand Protection Agency
Campus Mart Afriq understands that many brands may choose to have brand protection agencies or agents report intellectual property infringement on their behalf and accepts submissions from authorized agents. However, Campus Mart Afriq does not permit individuals with active selling accounts to file infringement notices as an agent of a brand when the filing of those notices could benefit their own selling account (through removing competing listings, for example). Any sellers filing notices as an agent to benefit their own status as a seller may have their selling account terminated.
Product Detail Page Rules
Customers will first learn about your offers on a product detail page. The policies below ensure each product detail page covers a single unique item. This helps give customers a clear and consistent buying experience. In general, you will need to:
· Understand and comply with Campus Mart Afriq's policies on product safety and compliance.
· Exclude inappropriate content such as obscene or offensive materials, links or contact information, plot spoilers, reviews or requests for reviews, and advertising.
· Accurately categorize and describe your products.
· Create new detail pages for new products or versions.
· Refrain from creating duplicate pages for a product that already has a detail page.
· Only create valid "variations" that relate to the primary product. For more details, please see the Variations Policy.
· Add detail page information in the local language of the specific marketplace (that is, German for Campus Mart Afriq.de, Portuguese for Campus Mart Afriq.br, etc.). Foreign Books are the only category where listings in foreign languages are allowed; in this case, the language of the detail pages' content shall be either the local language of the specific marketplace or the same language as the Book being sold.
Policies for writing listings
· Using page-creation tools for any purpose other than creating product details pages is prohibited.
· Comply with Campus Mart Afriq listing standards for any product sold on Campus Mart Afriq. Failure to do so creates a negative customer experience and may result in your selling privileges being temporarily or permanently removed. This includes but is not limited to the following:
o Detail pages may not feature or contain Prohibited Content or Restricted Products.
o All products must be accurately categorized and classified. To learn more about classifying your products correctly, see our help pages on Product Classifier.
o Product titles, product descriptions, and bullet points must be clearly written and help customers understand the product.
o All product images must meet Campus Mart Afriq general image standards (Product Images should have a white background and the image size should be 600px by 600px) as well as any applicable category-specific image guidelines.
· None of the following are allowed in product detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points, images or videos:
o Information that threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of Ghana, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting towards any other nation.
o Information that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful or racially/ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, pornographic, obscene or offensive content or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever.
o Details of availability, price, or condition. When listing a product for sale, sellers must follow the Campus Mart Afriq offer listing process. The correct time and place to list such details is during the offer listing process, where sellers are given an opportunity to note their item's condition, quantity, price, and other details that are relevant to a specific listing.
o External contact information such as but not limited to: Phone numbers, physical mail addresses, e-mail addresses, social media handles, or website URLs.
o Links or references to alternative ordering information (such as links to other websites for placing orders), or alternative shipping offers (such as free shipping).
o Spoilers on Books, Music, and Video or DVD (BMVD) listings. This includes giving away plot details crucial to the suspense or surprise ending of a story.
o Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
o Requests for positive customer reviews.
o Adverts, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
o Time-sensitive information, such as dates of tours, seminars, or lectures.
o Display of trademarks on generic products.
o Information containing software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
o Information violating any law of the marketplace country for the time any such law is being in force.
· Product titles must not have more than 200 characters, including spaces. This upper limit applies to all categories. Some categories might have a limit of even fewer characters.
· Products must not be listed at a price higher than the maximum retail price (MRP) of the product determined by the manufacturer.
Policies for adding detail pages
· You cannot add details which infringe upon the IP rights of other parties or individuals. See more detail on Intellectual Property Policy for Sellers for more detail.
· You must not use Add a Product, inventory files, and Campus Mart Afriq Marketplace Web Services (Campus Mart Afriq MWS) listing APIs for any purpose other than listing products on Campus Mart Afriq.
· You must not use false product identification information in product detail pages. This includes UPC codes and publication dates.
· You must not create a product detail page for a product already in Campus Mart Afriq's catalog, including products listed on other Campus Mart Afriq marketplaces.
· You must not use product detail pages to cross-merchandise or cross-promote a different product.
· You must provide only information that pertains to the features of the product in general, not the condition of your particular item. Product detail pages may be used by any other seller to list the same product.
· For Books, Music, Videos, and DVDs (BMVD), you must not use a single product detail page to advertise more than one product. BMVD-only product bundles must be defined by the publisher or manufacturer and have a single ISBN, UPC, or EAN that is different from the product identifier of any single item in the bundle.
Policies for editing detail pages
· You must not use an existing listing for a new version of a product. This includes changes in color, size, material, features, and product name. Instead, create a new product detail page for each new version. For example, a manufacturer updates its streaming media player by adding a new remote control with four buttons instead of two.
· You may only update detail pages to better or more accurately describe the product as originally listed. You may not change/add the title, brand, or manufacturer name in the respective data fields (even if one does not exist, that is, where created without a brand or manufacturer as a 'no-name' or generic product) unless the updates include additional details, clarifications, grammatical fixes, or removal of content that violates Campus Mart Afriq policy.